GPS Tracking Systems Will Save You Money!
Reducing Fuel Consumption
The average price for a gallon of gas continues to climb, costing over $3.00 per gallon for southern Californians. With the consistent increase of gas prices, many businesses are looking for alternative ways to reduce unnecessary fuel consumption in an effort to increase profits. The solution has come with GPS tracking system technology!
The Secret Expenses Of Idling
The truth is that vehicles that are left idling for long periods of time can result in revenue lost. The American Trucking Association states that:
- A vehicle left idling can consume over a gallon of gas every hour.
- One hour of idling by a vehicle everyday for year will culminate in approximately 70,000 miles of vehicle engine wear-and-tear after all associated factors are added.
With the average gallon of gas costing nearly $3.00, do you know how much money you are wasting because of unnecessary idling? The chart below provides information on how much money you could be losing because of idling, providing the fuel costs associated with excessive vehicle idling.
SilverCloud GPS: The Recommended GPS To Eliminate Excessive Fuel Use
Gasoline Price= $3.00 per gallon
|# of Vehicles||Idling Cost Per Day||Idling Cost Per Month||Annual Idling Cost|
|1||$ 3.00||$ 90.00||$ 1080.00|
|5||$ 15.00||$ 450.00||$ 5,400.00|
|10||$ 30.00||$ 900.00||$ 10,800.00|
|25||$ 75.00||$ 2,250.00||$ 27,000.00|
|100||$ 300.00||$ 9,000.00||$ 108,000.00|
* Costs associated with idling, such as maintenance and additional repairs were not included into the chart that calculates gas at $3.00 per gallon and 1 hour of vehicle idling per day.
What Will A GPS Tracking System Do For Me?
GPS Tracking Systems Will Provide A Collection Of Cost-Saving Data That Includes:
- An easy way to observe, calculate, and reduce the amount of time a vehicle is idling. Idling is an expensive problem for small and large businesses alike.
- An easy way to validate driver’s are taking appropriate routes. Misuse or unauthorized use of company vehicles is the #1 cause of unnecessary fuel consumption.
- An easy way to observe driver speed. Excessive speed is not only dangerous, but it also results in excessive fuel consumption.
GPS Tracking Systems Can Help Eliminate The 3 Main Problems Associated With Unnecessary Fuel Consumption:
- Excessive and unnecessary vehicle idling
- Speeding or driving at high speeds
- Poor routing or unauthorized use of company vehicles